Who Should Attend?
Anyone responsible for writing a mission statement for an organization, company, department, or team.
- What a mission statement is and what is needed to develop one
- The difference between clear and foggy mission statements
- The difference between a Vision, Mission, and company Strategies
- How to develop a Vision, Mission statement
- The value and importance of having an organizational mission statement
This course will help managers, supervisors, team leaders, and team members to understand the real value of having a proper mission statement. Interactive exercises, activities, and discussions involve the learner in a hands on process. Groups attending from the same organization or department can work on developing their own mission statement. Individuals learn how to approach writing a mission statement in their organization.
- What is a mission statement?
- Examples of mission statements
- Group problem solving exercise (strategies, tactics, & assumptions)
- Consensus decision making
- Three components of organizational focus (vision, mission, & strategies)
- An exercise: developing a company /organization mission statement
- Begin to develop strategies for your mission
2- 3 hours