Who Should Attend?
Individual contributors, new and experienced supervisors and mid‑level managers. Anyone who wants to improve his or her ability to handle conflict.
- How to manage people in conflict
- How to recognize potential conflict
- Conflict resolution styles you can use in dealing with people
- The importance of identifying the real cause before trying to resolve a conflict
The course begins with an exercise on managing conflict. A discussion of five styles of conflict management follows. A role-play is conducted with participants placed in a conflict situation to see how they resolve it. Key steps in negotiating a conflict resolution are presented.
Conflict style exercise
- Conflict management styles
- What is yours
- What should it be
- Is there one best style
- Five steps to Conflict Resolution
- The three levels of conflict
- With the boss
- With your peers
- With subordinates
- Working with people
- Negotiations & conflict resolution
- Video on Conflict Management
3 - 4 hours