Who Should Attend?
Anyone with a desire to improve their communications skills.
- Proven methods to insure good communications (verbal & listening)
- The value of “actively listening” (how to motivate employees by doing this)
- What a productive conversation is
- How to assess your own communication skills, and those of others
Participants learn the importance of listening in the communications process. A self-assessment along with a communication survey helps participants understand their own skill level. Active listening exercises, role-plays, discussions help participants to discover the importance of good communications.
- Introduction / cost of poor listening
- Listening self evaluation
- Communication Assessment
- Active Listening exercise
- Productive Conversations vs. one-way dialogue
- Verbal communications
- Three key steps to Listening Effectively
- Video examples of listening (good & bad)
- Identifying barriers to communications
- Six negative listening habits, and what we can do about them
- Intro to communicating at meetings
3 - 6 hours