Who Should Attend?
Mid and upper level managers who are involved in the development of people for organizational success
- Understand talent management vs. performance appraisal
- Learn how to implement, or enhance, the development of your most important resource…the people (talent) in your organization
- Appreciate how talent management and succession planning are complimentary (not the same)
- Identify those in your organization who have high potential; the challenges they face; and how to enhance their skills
- Implications of notifying an employee that he/she has “high potential”
- Review an outline you can use for a meeting with an employee regarding talent management
- Consider how to measure the success of a talent management strategy
- Learn how others in this session conduct talent management
This four hour session will introduce concepts that can be used in developing a talent management process in an organization. It is complimented by sessions on: performance appraisal; succession planning, strategic planning, and mentoring.
- Definition of the term “talent management”
- Talent management vs. performance appraisal
- Organizational needs for talent
- Strategies for managing organizational talent (strategic planning)
- Identifying talent (criteria)
- A system for developing talent (goals & feedback)
- Link mentoring with talent management
- Managing expectations
- Setting up a system to make the best use of “high potentials”
Other Courses related to Talent Management: Succession Planning, Mentoring, Performance Appraisal and Strategic Planning.