Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, managers, engineers, management information systems programmers, those who develop and manage projects to a successful completion
To build the skills necessary for planning, coordinating, organizing, controlling, problem solving, and making effective decisions related to the completion of a project. Also to learn technology, software that can help in managing projects.
Small group activities, class discussion, and self assessments are used to help participants learn how to effectively plan a project, gather necessary resources, work with others, and see the project through to a positive conclusion. Also introduction to project management software, aps.
- Intro to project & program management
- The dynamic life cycle of a project
- Planning a project
- Contingencies & interruptions
- Key roles of project participants
- Problem solving
- Launching and leading a project
- Executing and monitoring
- Meetings management
- Effective decision making
- Closing the project
- Systems (Aps, PERT / GANTT charts)
8 hours (one day, or two half-days)
A purchased instrument is used to give feedback on project management skills.