Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, those who lead departments, self-directed work teams, or employee teams.
- The difference between leadership and management
- That management and effective leadership are complimentary
- That leading subordinates requires more than just position power
- How to empower others through effective leadership behaviors
This program shows participants the difference between leading and managing people. Self-assessments and group activities are used to demonstrate the difference between transformational and transactional leadership. Through the process of increased self-awareness, participants learn to look at their own leadership style and decide how it can be modified to be the most effective.
- Leader / Manager Profile -OR- Leadership Practices Inventory
- A class exercise on leadership characteristics
- Positional and Personal Power
- Transformational vs. Transactional leadership
- Benefit of knowing your preferred leadership/ management style
- Competencies required of a leader
- Leadership and the power of expectations
The Leader / Manager Profile (purchased item per / participant) -OR- Leadership Practices Inventory instrument