Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, and team members who want to improve working relationships.
- 3 different interpersonal styles
- Your own preferred style
- How to have a positive influence over others
- The difference between being aggressive and assertive
- How to generate enthusiasm for your ideas
- Techniques in handling difficult people
Through the use of self-diagnosing tools and role-plays, participants become aware of their personal style in dealing with others. A greater understanding of interpersonal styles leads to an appreciation of legitimate differences among people. Participants learn to modify their behavior to improve personal effectiveness in influencing others.
- Interpersonal Influence Inventory
- Aggressive, Passive, & Assertive behavior
- Exercises on Being Assertive
- Individual influence style
- Transactional Analysis
- Interpersonal Communications
- Planning for improved performance
- Role Play Being Assertive in a Team Meeting