Who Should Attend?
Supervisor and mid level managers who need to influence the behavior, performance of people they work with.
- Techniques for managing people
- A positive approach to discipline
- How to improve employee performance
- A 5-step process of maintaining employee self esteem while addressing behavioral issues
The course begins with a discussion of what discipline is. Most people believe it is a means of punishment, and thus look at discipline in a negative light. This course uses video examples and participant roll play exercises. It is designed to help supervisors in redirecting behavior while using a positive approach. The key is gaining employee commitment to improving performance.
- Example of how not to discipline employees
- Video segments on a 5 step discipline process
- Role-playing the 5 step process
- Key issues:
- Maintaining positive self esteem
- Focusing on employee behavior
- Involving the employee
- The importance of active listening
- Improving working relations while addressing behavior / performance issues
Workbooks can be purchased for this course