Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, team members, anyone with the desire to improve problem solving skills.
- How to unlock your creative abilities
- A structured solution finding process
- That being creative involves looking at things differently
- To recognize common barriers to creative solution finding
The first part of the course focuses on personal creativity, exploring a different approach to solving problems – solution finding. Paradigms that interfere with creative solution finding are discussed. The second part of the course deals with how to be creative while using a structured solution finding process.
- What does it mean to be creative?
- Learning to ask for help
- Barriers to creativity
- Our preference for the predictable
- Finding solutions requires us to think differently
- Defining a problem (so you can look for a solution)
- Solution finding techniques (idea storming)
- Don’t jump to conclusions
- What “is” and “is not” the problem
- Solutions require change / trying something new
- Overcoming the “Man Can’t Fly” syndrome
- The “Northern Pike” (dealing with a rigid commitment to the past)
- Force field analysis
- Unblocking personal creativity
- Implementing a solution
4 - 6 hours (depending on focus and skill development required)